Dynoswim Account Login

E-mail Address:

Password:

Blog Feed
 Blog Comments Feed

January Jam 2008: the MS Plunge for Parcells

posted December 21, 2007 @ 1:20 PM  |  Meets, Open Water, and Other Events category

~By Liz Fry

Dave Parcells had a dream to set up a fund to support needy patients and families with expenses not covered by insurance as they undergo treatment for MS. Unfortunately he passed away before fulfilling this dream. I am creating an event to help achieve that dream and at the same time present a challenge that Dave would have enjoyed –to jam as much yardage as possible in one month. Those that knew Dave would agree he would love this challenge.

The January Jam starts January 1st and participants will track their yardage for the entire month. I will send out weekly results to all participants that email their yardage to me. Please send your weekly total yardage to me by 7:00 PM each Tuesday EST at eafry@aol.com. Additional information is included in the attached entry form.

The intention of the Jam is to promote fitness through swimming while raising funds for the Dave Parcells MS Fund. Have fun and please use caution and do not build up your yards too quickly.

Comments...

Hey!
Do I recruitr people to sponsor me or how does this work? I have a friend with MS and think this is cool. I just need to know how to proceed. I am probably missing something on the form. I think I could get people to donate right?

Posted by Scott on December 21, 2007 @ 4:51 PM

Liz's response:

This year (since it is its first year) most people will make the donation of $25 though I have left it open to have people get sponsors this year if they want. Awards will be given to top fund raisers as well. Scott can create a pledge sponsorship by mile if he want and I can work with St. Vincent's for pledge sheet before January 1st.

Posted by Dean O. on December 27, 2007 @ 11:40 AM

Scott, I'm going to do this as well. We can motivate each other to make every practice this month! No excuses.

It's a great cause.

Posted by Judi on January 2, 2008 @ 11:59 AM

For those of you particpating in this event, how many yards/miles have you swum thus far? This is where I stand: 16,600 yards or 9 miles.

Posted by josh on January 9, 2008 @ 11:23 PM

I'm at 20,575 yards or 11.5 miles.

Posted by Judi on January 10, 2008 @ 11:12 AM

I'm only at 8150!

Posted by Kate on January 10, 2008 @ 11:28 AM

Jan's almost over; how are you all doing with this?

Posted by Dean O. on January 30, 2008 @ 2:21 PM

Not too shabby--58,305 yards or 33 miles.

If I didn't miss any practices--it would have higher but life got in the way! Sh#t happens. How about everyone else?

Posted by Judi on January 31, 2008 @ 8:49 PM

Name:
E-mail:
URL:
Comment:

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Archives