Dynoswim Account Login

E-mail Address:

Password:

Blog Feed
 Blog Comments Feed

Poll: What's Your Favorite Race?

posted January 31, 2007 @ 7:29 AM  |  Fun Facts category

Tell us what your favorite race is and if there's any particular reason why...

Comment on your favorite race by clicking here.

Comments...

100 & 200 freestyle. I also enjoy doing the 1 or 2 mile open water races in the summer.

Posted by josh on January 31, 2007 @ 10:43 AM

I’ve swam my entire life—just not competitively. So I don’t have years of races under my belt besides the races from summer camp (which I usually won). With that being said, I have two favorites. The 5K open water race. Why? Because I grew up swimming and sailing in the Barnegat Bay, NJ. The open water swims remind me of the many times I swam my sailboat home during lightning storms. 2nd favorite races would be the 50 or 100 free. Why? Because I’m a sprinter. And relays—relays are fun! Why? Because it’s a team effort.

Posted by Judi on January 31, 2007 @ 4:29 PM

I like the open water swims the best. I might look delicious so I tend to swim a little faster and try not to look like a fish. You also do not have to be the fastest, just faster than someone else who looks more delicious.

Posted by scott on January 31, 2007 @ 4:58 PM

After swimming in too many swim meets, I have decided that I love open water swims, South Florida, of course! It's just wonderful to swim and not see a pool line or wall. My eyesight isn't the best without glasses, so I don't see anything else out there except a few grey shapes....

Posted by Freddi on February 1, 2007 @ 7:59 AM

My favorite race is the 1650 or the open water swims. Not that I am good at them but you get so much time out there, testing and challenging yourself and having fun. Thats what its all about for me.

Posted by dave petkovsek on February 1, 2007 @ 9:57 AM

I enjoy the 100yd breastroke. Why? Because I like to win. I also like the 200IM because it has variety.

Posted by Samie on February 1, 2007 @ 10:13 AM

My favorite races would totally be the 100 fly and the 200 IM. They are just fun to swim and it feels good to finish them with a faster time than you started off with.

Posted by Ros on February 1, 2007 @ 3:12 PM

Ok, I don't mind a long swim after years of avoiding them, but my truly favorite race is the 100 IM, because you get to swim as fast as you possibly can for 25 fly and then as fast as you possibly can for 25 back, as fast as you possibly can for 25 breast and again for free. Changing muscle groups wipes out the fatigue and your off again! I like to swim fast. Pacing is something I learned as an adult, but it's still not nearly as fun as swimming as fast as I possibly can! The 200 IM is a close 6th after all the 50's of each stroke. :)

Posted by Kim Donovan on February 1, 2007 @ 7:03 PM

My favorite race is the 500 free. I like this race because it is fast, but you have to pace yourself and race smart. If you go out too fast you burn up at the end. I like the challange of conserving my energy enough so I last the whole 500, but at the same time trying to get the best time possible.

Posted by Doug D'Angelo on February 1, 2007 @ 7:09 PM

My favorite race is th 1500 meters. I really can get into settin up a rythm and thinking about moving throught the water.

Second favorite would have to be the 100 IM. It is exactly the opposite of the 1500 meter. I think that's why I like it. all of the changes, all of the different rythms.

Posted by Craig Johnson on February 2, 2007 @ 10:23 PM

Historically my favorite races had always been the 100 and 200 IMs and Breastroke. But after my one millionth swim meet, I decided that open-water was really a heck of a lot more interesting. I like any open-water longer than two miles.

Posted by Dean O. on February 3, 2007 @ 5:24 PM

My favorite race is the 400 I.M. I love all of the strokes and since I am not a sprinter, it gives me enough time to get a "feel" for each stroke in the water and keep a good pace in the race.

I also have to admit that I love the ocean swims. I have only done a couple, but I loved just being able to swim and swim, without flip turns, without lane lines, and changing scenery. I hope that I DO NOT look delicious to the fishes..........

Posted by Sheryl on February 4, 2007 @ 12:32 PM

My favorite race is the half-ironman. It takes months of preparation. Lots of planning, determaniation, time and money. Plus it takes so long to finish the race you get to enjoy it for hours.

Posted by amy on February 4, 2007 @ 8:10 PM

Name:
E-mail:
URL:
Comment:

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Archives