How about your New Year's resolutions?
Here's a list of New Year's resolutions adapted, edited and modified for Dynoswim from "Swimming World's: New Year's Resolutions for Officials".
1. I will learn a new skill to help my team.
2. I will mentor.
3. I will listen so that others may mentor me.
4. Swimming is a team activity, I will do my part so that others can do their's.
5. I will stay in shape to prolong my opportunities both in and out of the pool.
6. I will seek the help of others to improve myself and our team.
7. I will encourage activities outside the pool to foster team building, camaraderie, and feedback.
8. I will evaluate others with the same attitude in which I would like to be evaluated.
9. I will accept new ideas and assignments with enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to further the sport when given the opportunity.
10. I will encourage those swimmers with less experience.
11. I will give compliment's when warranted.
12. I wil remember that I love this sport, that this is where I want to be, and what I want to do. I know I am privileged to be a part of it.
What New Year's resolutions would you add?
I resolve to stay home next New Year's Eve.
I will swim more butterfly.